Happy Thanksgiving! This is the time of year when we shift our focus to all we are grateful for in our lives. It’s actually something we would benefit from practicing every day as whatever we praise in our lives will increase.
In the spirit of Thanksgiving, here is a fun and simple expressive arts practice you might like to try.
Allow about 60 to 90 minutes for this activity
4 or more sheets of colored paper
other embellishments (optional)
1. Cut a circle shape from one colored paper
2. Cut 8 petals from different colored papers
3. Assemble a flower by gluing the petals to the back of the circle
4. Close your eyes and think of all the people and things you are grateful for
5. Go through the magazines and select images and phrases to represent the things you are grateful for
6. Arrange and glue your magazine clippings on the flower petals
7. Embellish with stickers, glitter, rhinestones, pipe cleaners, or anything else you wish to use
8. Hang your “Blessings Blossom” where you can look at it daily and fill yourself with gratitude for all the blessings your life holds
May your blessings continue to blossom!
3 thoughts on “May Your Blessings Blossom!”
GREAT idea! I can’t wait to try it next week!
Great Idea. I will definitely try it. I count you as one of my blessings too. Happy Thanksgiving to you. Connie Wildey
Great exercise….thanks for sharing, Claire!!